Balance 365 Life episode 365: Parents, Kids and Sleep: A How-To Guide for Families. I had a wide ranging conversation with the three women of Balance 365, which provides great, positive information about health, weight, and body image. They have a great Instagram account as well.
Here’s a summary of what we covered:
“Parenting can be exhausting, especially if your kids aren’t sleeping well. How do you help your kids get the sleep they need? How do you get the sleep you need? Jen, Annie and Lauren discuss these important questions with Dr. Craig Canapari to get listeners and their kids on their way to better sleep.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Misconceptions about sleep training
- The role of mom shame in the decision to sleep train or not
- Harnessing habits for better sleep in your kids
- Sleep as a buffer for toxic stress
- Sleep debt – what is it?
- All or something – the value of incremental gains in your sleep habit
- At what age should you sleep train?
- Social jetlag: what is it and what does it have to do with sleep?
- How to shift your sleep schedule
- Dividing sleep responsibilities
- Sleep routine in blended families or single parent households
- Screens in the bedroom – why you should unplug
- How limiting screen time can improve your sleep
- How to help your kid stay asleep or in bed longer
- How sleep impacts weight”